Serendipity Weblog Software - Finally it's in a Book
Did you notice that I did not write about Web site development related — more technical issues — lately? For a simple reason:
“The technical stuff on this Blog simply works!”
Long live Serendipity “s9y” Weblog software
That’s exactly how it should be, unless you are a developer, who deals with LAMP (*) issues on a daily basis. Since I am not a developer (anymore) my focus has shifted towards marketing and business related topics with occasional sidekicks to personal development.
Why do I want to tell you about Blog software today?
The reason is simple, the core developer Garvin Hicking released his new book on Serendipity only a couple of days ago.
Why should you buy this book?
Let me give you a couple of reasons (in arbitrary order).
- Because it’s the ultimate
“How to successfully cheat on Wordpress and get away with it guide”.
- It feels good to have a hard copy in hand.
- Only 5 hard copies are available for free. Sorry, purchasing is the only way to ensure you get a hard copy.
- To improve your German skills.
- To show appreciation for Garvin’s and the teams’ efforts. Yeah, they are real people.
- Besides all the s9y issues on the surface, you might also get lessons of a great programming style and software design (if you are interested in that).
What’s in the book?
Lots of stuff — 750 pages — covering all technical aspects of working with Serendipity. No matter, if you are a s9y beginner or already an advanced professional user or developer. This book nails the facts. Actually you can check it out in more detail yourself, one chapter and the complete table of content (toc) is available online in German language. The toc itself has 18 pages! Okay, what's in the book in a nutshell.
→ Continue reading: