I recommend you read a book. Not any book of course. What about “The Effective Executive”
by Peter Drucker for example. That's what I recommend.
→ Continue reading:
invites you to join a members-only tribe
. A tribe for marketers, for leaders, for those focused on building communities or creating products or spreading ideas.
But who is Seth Godin anyway?
- WRITER of bestselling books about marketing.
- SPEAKER with a unique style and great reputation.
- ENTREPRENEUR with a track record.
Seth will create this online community to prove once more he is someone who walks his talk and to do things little bit different, again. His new book which is scheduled for October 2008 describes the marketing power of tribes…
You guessed right, the online community will be part of the prove of the concept.
To find out:
- What's involved and
- What is in it for you.
Simply go to Seth's Blog post: “Are You In A Tribe?
John W. Furst
In order to get into the community you need to be committed enough tp pre-order Seth's new book (e.g. at Amazon.com
for ~14.00 US$). Admittance until no later then August 10th or earlier.
Did you notice that I did not write about Web site development related — more technical issues — lately? For a simple reason:
“The technical stuff on this Blog simply works!”
Long live Serendipity “s9y” Weblog software
That’s exactly how it should be, unless you are a developer, who deals with LAMP (*) issues on a daily basis. Since I am not a developer (anymore) my focus has shifted towards marketing and business related topics with occasional sidekicks to personal development.
Why do I want to tell you about Blog software today?
The reason is simple, the core developer Garvin Hicking
released his new book on Serendipity only a couple of days ago.
Why should you buy this book?
Let me give you a couple of reasons (in arbitrary order).
What’s in the book?
- Because it’s the ultimate
“How to successfully cheat on Wordpress and get away with it guide”.
- It feels good to have a hard copy in hand.
- Only 5 hard copies are available for free. Sorry, purchasing is the only way to ensure you get a hard copy.
- To improve your German skills.
- To show appreciation for Garvin’s and the teams’ efforts. Yeah, they are real people.
- Besides all the s9y issues on the surface, you might also get lessons of a great programming style and software design (if you are interested in that).
Lots of stuff — 750 pages — covering all technical aspects of working with Serendipity. No matter, if you are a s9y beginner
or already an advanced professional user or developer
. This book nails the facts. Actually you can check it out in more detail yourself, one chapter and the complete table of content
(toc) is available online in German language. The toc itself has 18 pages! Okay, what's in the book in a nutshell.
→ Continue reading: